Thursday 14 July 2011

Time out from the World

One of the things Tübingen is famous for (which also means Tübingen is also the only place where this happens) is punting. Tourists do it in big groups, wedding receptions do it, families do it, everyone is doing it. Apart from me. The closest I had come to one of these boats was at the race where I had left my camera's memory card in my laptop. That was fun as each boat was dressed up in fancy dress, The royal wedding, Guantamo Bay, Aliens, you get the picture. Last week I was invited to go on one, and I did not say no. It was someone's leaving party which meant there were two boat-loads of us.Also it made a change to not be sat in the beergarden watching the people in the little boats go by. Having said that, no one in this photo is paying us any attention. How rude.
It may look very relaxing but it was almost stressful at times, as it is one of the most unstable things I have ever been in, we were constantly having to change our posture to keep everything balanced so we didn't fall in. Luckily I had a plastic bag with me for valuables, until I realised I can't take photos through a bag and I won't have time to put my camera in the bag and tie it up before we enter the water.
Luckily no one fell in and it was really nice.

Everyone on the river just likes to relax.Then we grilled on the island in the middle of the river- lovely. Unfortunately it got a bit stormy after that and I went home. I was quite please when I saw this from my window though.

No comments:

Post a Comment